EBI is a PK-8th grade, bilingual, independent school with two campuses:
- Rockridge neighborhood of Oakland (pre-kinder-1st)
- Emeryville (2nd-8th)
- Number of students: 392
- Pre-Kinder: 86
- Lower School: 234
- Middle School: 72
- Students of color or mixed heritage: 55%
- Students receiving tuition adjustment: 30%
- Families from Oakland, Berkeley, Albany, El Cerrito, Orinda through Walnut Creek, and more
- Opened its doors in 2006 as the first independent co-educational day school offering a Spanish-English dual immersion program to pre-kinder and elementary students in the Bay Area.
- Authorized by the International Baccalaureate (IB) to offer the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP).
- Attained candidate status by the IB to offer the Middle Years Programme (MYP).
- Graduated its first 8th grade class in 2015.
- Authorized by the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP)
Faculty and Staff
- More than 80 faculty and staff
- Teachers who are native speakers of their language of instruction: 100%
- Number of nationalities represented: 20+
- Pre-Kinder: 8:40 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Lower School: 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Middle school: 8:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Before and After Care “Aventura”: 7:30-8:20 a.m. and 3-6 p.m.
EBI’s school year runs from September through June. Download de 2016-17 school calendar.
Tuition and Tuition Adjustment
- PK: $22,415
- Lower school: $23,175
- Middle school: $23,675
Tuition Adjustment Awards: $1.2 million for 2014-15
Students receiving adjustment: 30%
Facilities at our Campuses
- Sunny, spacious classrooms
- Libraries with expansive English and Spanish selections, as well as a Mandarin collection
- Science room for middle school
- Dedicated art and music spaces
- Large outdoor, developmentally-appropriate play areas
- Full-size gymnasium
- Middle school Design Lab
Associations and Accreditations
- International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme World School
- International Baccalaureate MYP Candidate School
- East Bay Independent School Association (EBISA)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Certified “Bay Area Green Business”
- 2015 EBMUD WaterSmart Business Certification Awardee